Last summer whilst out on a feature with Improve Your Coarse Fishing, I enjoyed some fantastic sport in floodwater conditions using the Korum Paste Cages on my hair rigs. They're a really neat gadget that's now found a permanent place in my river fishing kit. Whether it's a bit of cheese paste fishing for barbel, or big 'boilie' style pastes for barbel and carp, these Paste Cages are a real edge. Here's how I use them:
1. Korum Paste Cages are great for hair rigs.
2. Tie them on the end of the hair rig like this.
3. The Paste Cage takes paste easily. Perfect!
4. Use a nice big lump of paste for big barbel.
5. Longer links are best on big, fast rivers.
6. Sonubaits Barbel paste breaks down easily.
The reward is a magical big summer barbel caught in flood conditions.
Mat Woods has a great birthday session with Code Red
Adam Firth bags a new PB Barbel from the River Trent using Code Red Dumbells.
See more catch shots in our Gallery Pages